The student news site of Matthew Gage Middle School

Gage's Pages

• The 2016 -2017 Gage's Pages is now up and running. Check out our newest articles.

MARVEL vs. DC

Taiyo D.

There has been a question that has been around as old as comic books itself and that is: who is better? Marvel or DC? I think that DC is better, but some people would like to make the argument that Marvel is better. Let’s talk about that.

I believe that DC has better comics and animated movies, however marvel does make better live action movies. DC and Marvel are like Pepsi and Coca-Cola. Marvel has made a comeback by buying star wars and launching a big line of movies stretching until 2020. Both companies have launched a new line for girls. Still, only time will tell when Marvel and DC will team up again.

DC was founded in 1934 and founded by Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson; DC has another branch of comics called vertigo. Vertigo has been around since 1993 and funded by Kerin Berger and are responsible for characters in DC like: Constantine, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and so much more.

Marvel was founded in 1939 by Martin Goodman. Marvel is now owned by Walt Disney and owns other comics like star comics, razorline, and tsunami.

Still, after all the evidence I’ve shown I still feel that DC is my favorite comics and you should too.  DC is older, has better characters, and isn’t owned by the people who made Beauty and the Beast. I rest my case.

• A&E

Newton Car’s in Science!

• MARVEL vs. DC

A&E

The Last Competition!

• MARVEL vs. DC

News

Back and Better Than Ever!

• MARVEL vs. DC

Showcase

Science Olympiad Study Sessions!

• MARVEL vs. DC

Featured Multimedia

Rodriguez P.E.

• News

• Featured Multimedia

Schive Bucks!!

• MARVEL vs. DC

A&E

Gage Takes on Florida!

• Showcase

Lend A Helping Hand

• MARVEL vs. DC

Showcase

What are Tutorials?

MARVEL vs. DC