Last… but NOT Least

Serina E., Staff Writer
June 4, 2012

On Tuesday, May 22, Gage’s Band students performed at Gage. It was their last performance, so Gage’s band performed their hardest. They performed three songs that everyone enjoyed. On their last song, they dedicated their performance to Lareanz Simmons–a former Gage student... (more...)

Perfect-Attendance Ceremony

Serina E., Staff Writer
May 23, 2012

After school, on Thursday, May 10, Riverside Unified School District  had their Perfect-Attendance Ceremony at SinghChevrolet Dealership in Riverside. As we all know, good deeds have good consequences and is usually rewarded. On May 10, all of the students who worked so hard to maintain perfect-attendance... (more...)

BandMusicFest

Band’s Music Festival

Serina E., Staff Writer
April 18, 2012

On March 15, Gage’s advanced band performed against other middle school bands at Ramona High School for the RUSD Music Festival. Gage’s band performed three songs. During their performances, three judges rated them either Poor, Good, Great, Excellent, or Superior. Gage’s band has never... (more...)

band2

Pre-Music Festival

Serina E., Staff Writer
April 10, 2012

On Thursday, March 8, band students performed at Central Middle School as preparation for their Music Festival the following Thursday. This event is also known as the Pre-Music Festival. Gage performed the three songs that they will perform for the Music Festival as a way of seeing what they... (more...)

Honor Band

Serina E., Staff Writer
March 7, 2012

Honor Band was an after-school program for the best band students in the RUSD school district. The teachers expected the student’s best effort and nothing less. The conductor of Honor Band was Tom Hrbacek. There were nine students from Gage that were in Honor Band: Brenna G.-Flute Kieran... (more...)

Practice Makes Perfect

Serina E., Staff Writer
March 6, 2012

In band, students are preparing for their performance at the Music Festival on March 7. The Music Festival is when all the bands in the Riverside Unified School District go to Ramona High and compete.They play three songs in front of three judges and the judges rate them 1-5. One means poor,... (more...)

Honor Band Performs

Serina E., Staff Writer
March 1, 2012

RUSD’s honor band had a performance on February 11 at 7 pm at Ramona High. Honor band is a band made up of the best middle school band students from the Riverside Unified School District. They played numerous songs like “Tomorrow’s yesterday” by Brian Balmages, “Portrait... (more...)

bandex

Band Extravaganza

Serina E., Staff Writer
November 17, 2011

The night of Wednesday October 19,  bands from the Riverside School District schools played at Ramona High for Band Extravaganza. There was a middle school portion and a high school portion of Band Extravaganza. Gage’s band was one of the four bands that performed. After weeks of practicing... (more...)

Playing with the Big Leagues

Serina E.
November 6, 2011

On the evening of Thursday September 29 at Ramona High, band members from Central and Gage Middle School came together with the Poly’s marching band at the varsity football game to experience of how band is like at the high school level. During this event Poly High band members served as... (more...)