track1

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go

Jonathan O., Staff Writer
June 4, 2012

On Saturday, May 12, Gage’s track and field athletes competed in the annual RUSD track meet held at Ramona High School. Events including the 100 meter dash, 400 meter events, 200 meter events, medley, long jump high jump, 1600 meter run and the shot-put took place at the tournament. These... (more...)

mrboyer

One Score and Ten Years Ago, Mr. Boyer took students to D.C.

Jonathan O., Staff Writer
May 23, 2012

On the first week of summer, a few select 8th graders go on the annual Washington D.C. trip, planned and led by Mr. Boyer. However, after 30 years, this will be his final one. Over the years, Mr. Boyer has taken hundreds of students to D.C. In fact, there have been between 1,200 to 1,500 students... (more...)

8thgradeboys

8th Grade Boys Win Basketball Championship

Jonathan O., Staff Writer
February 21, 2012

On Saturday, January 28, 2012, at Amelia Earhart Middle School the 8th grade Boys Basketball team were crowned Champions of the annual RUSD basketball tournament. This years 8th grade team was similar to last years 7th grade team. In the tournament last year, Gage lost to Earhart in the semi-finals... (more...)

7thboyschamps

7th Grade Boys Bring Home the Trophy

Jonathan O.
February 1, 2012

On Saturday, January 21, the 7th grade boys basketball team played in the annual RUSD tournament determined to win the championship… and succeeded. The team played three games against Earhart Middle School, Miller Middle School, and University Heights (Uni) Middle schools. All were hard... (more...)

Gator Basketball

Jonathan O., Staff Writer
December 6, 2011

The head coach of the boys 7th and 8th grade  basketball teams this year is Dr. Jalani Martin, a returning figure in Gage’s basketball department. This year Dr. Martin is coaching both the 7th and 8th grade boys basketball teams. Gage is confident in his ability to bring home the championship... (more...)

Street Hockey

Jonathan O.
November 6, 2011

During the weeks of September 12 – September 23, Mr. Williams’ 7th grade Physical Education classes worked on their street hockey unit. The students were introduced to the fundamentals of street hockey. They learn the rules, plays, and names of the equipment. Students enhance their... (more...)