Ready for the Leadership Retreat

Grant S., Staff Writer
April 20, 2012

On the Friday April 20th a group of seventh graders will go up to the Idyllwild mountains to attend a Leadership Retreat for the weekend. The students had to be nominated by several of their teachers in order to be eligible to go. They also had to fill out paperwork like with any field trip. The... (more...)

Farm Day

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 29, 2012

Thursday ,February 16th  was the second planning day and spirit day of the month of February. The theme of this planning day was Farm Day. Students dressed up as farmers and cowboys. A few students even dressed up as Asian Rice farmers. The eighth grade winners were Lauren B., Anthony M.,... (more...)

Knowledge Bowl

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 29, 2012

On Friday February 24 from 6:00-10:00 pm, 16 teams competed in the annual Knowledge Bowl in the Auditorium. When the teams first entered the auditorium they had to sign in with Mr. Alvarez. Then they sat down at tables and began to create team banners with their team name on them. After all... (more...)

Valentines Dance

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 26, 2012

The Valentines Dance took place on February 10th after school in the Auditorium from 2:15 to 4:15. To promote the dance ASB puts up posters around school and they sell tickets at lunch. PTSA helps out by selling snacks during the dances. This was the fourth dance of the year. The other three... (more...)

PTSA and ASB Carwash

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 21, 2012

On Saturday March 3rd, PTSA and ASB are teaming up for a school car wash to raise more money. PTSA is sponsoring the event by providing supplies and manpower. ASB is selling tickets and recruiting students to help wash.The students will receive community service hours if they contact Mr. Alvarez... (more...)

Jog-A-Thon

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 10, 2012

During PE classes on Friday February 5, students raised money by running in the Jog-A-Thon during PE classes. The idea behind the jog-a-thon is to raise money for the school while not taking away from PE time. The money is raised by having student go out and get pledges from their neighbors,... (more...)

ASB Meetings

Grant S., Staff Writer
February 8, 2012

Every morning during 0 period, ASB members meet in room #102 to discuss school events and fundraisers, consulting with Mr. Alvarez, ASB adviser. The meetings are headed by Mr. Alvarez, the ASB Adviser. He gives them the morning announcements, which they bring up to the office and read over... (more...)